Neurosurgery & Spine Consultants’ Response to COVID-19
March 23, 2020
In response to the continued COVID-19 pandemic, Neurosurgery & Spine Consultants (NSC) will be posting ongoing weekly or if needed, daily communication to our patients as the situation transpires. We will detail how (NSC) is tracking the situation through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS). While both organizations are monitoring the developing outbreak, we are following their advice and monitoring the situation.
For Updates on COVID-19, please visit:
NSC staff continue to take all needed precautions to ensure the safety of our patients. Below is an update on the status of our practice as of March 20, 2020:
- Open? Neurosurgery and Spine Consultants remains open at the moment and will maintain normal business hours and operations. We will be monitoring all federal and state mandates concerning temporary closure of “essential” healthcare practitioners. We are currently rescheduling all physical therapy appointments and EMG/NCV appointments.
- Alternate options? Effective immediately, NSC is offering the option of Tele-Health Visits.
- Surgery status? If you have surgery scheduled, it has not been cancelled at this time. NSC is in constant communication with local hospitals and Ambulatory Surgery Center partners at this time, NSC is confident in the measures they are taking to protect our patients. Scheduled surgeries will be assessed daily on a case by case basis. Patients who would like to reschedule due to COVID-19 concerns may do so. We will try to accommodate all patients with neuromuscular deficits as a priority.
- Precautions? All patients are being screened prior to and once again upon arrival.
- Limitations? Your visit will be limited to only the patient, unless you require a caregiver. The caregiver will be screened upon arrival to ensure they can enter the patient care area.
- Social Distancing? We are working diligently to maintain a consistent flow to prevent groups of greater than 10 people in our waiting room. To maintain distancing, we will ask your family/friend to wait in the car during your appointment.
For more details, please call NSC at 210-255-8935
4611 Centerview, San Antonio, TX 78228 Ph.210.255.8935 | Fax.210.255.8026